

That morning was a rough one. All day swimming in your sweat, several dance parties and then a night train followed by another day of sightseeing. We went to Citadel & Mohammad Ali Mosque, Cairo Museum, lunch at Hard Rock CafĂ©, and then a Bazaar. Of course, I bought a sword. I got a pretty good deal. I walked in and told they guy I really liked statues. I looked at his statues for awhile then I casually hinted toward a sword on the wall with a camel bone handle. I challenged him to a sword fight and winner gets the sword. He considered it for a moment but realizing that a dead customer was no good to him began to negotiate a price. We negotiated awhile I finally said my last price called him my brother and gave him a hug. He accepted and gave me a kiss on the cheek. It was amazing. Oh yeah I also bought a “real” Rolex that is ridiculous and takes up my whole wrist. I will definitely not be late to the bus anymore with that clock on my wrist and it’s a Rolex so you know it’s good.
That night we had a sacrament meeting in the hotel and my elder’s quorum responsibilities basically consist of organizing the Sacrament each week. It was cool. I brought water cups, but stole 8 plates from the dinner line, cut four pieces of bread, and asked some people to help. We passed the bread and water using the plates. I helped passed. These kinds of meetings are always special. Here you have a small group of a little more than 80 who desire to take the sacrament so bad, that while in Egypt they rent the hotel banquet hall, steal plates and bread from the hotel restaurant, tediously fill up water cups with bottled water and hold an hour long meeting. Why? Because they desire to keep their covenants. Because they love the Savior. Because they desire the companionship of the Holy Ghost. Oh it is all about the Holy Ghost. I just love that feeling. It really was a neat sacrament meeting. And best of all, I did not spill the water that I was balancing on a plate. You can bet my tongue was out and I was in full concentration the whole time as I passed it to the presiding authority. It sure was neat.
No comments:
Post a Comment