July 17, 2008
Today was rough! Yesterday all we did was stay inside and study. Horrible. Today was another full day of studying, but we went to the Dead Sea Scrolls at the Israel Museum. They had the real Isaiah scroll on display. How cool is that? They just displayed it at the beginning of this year for the first time in 40 years. It was really really cool. It was just an old scroll, but I loved it. Man, I was glad we went and saw that.
July 18, 2008
Finals. We had finals in our Jewish and Islam classes and they were tough. In all honesty I was a little disappointed with those classes. I was so excited for them, and they were good, but I was a little disappointed. I am still not an expert on either Judasim nor Islam, but I honestly do not think that will affect my salvation. Still, there is insight and light that was interesting to learn. To celebrate the end of finals we went into the old city and had dinner on the roof top of the restaurant. Again, it was one of those times. There I was surrounded by good friends, a lot of whom I have recently met, and surrounded by one of the most historic and beautiful cities in the world? Does life get better than that? Of course it does. I could have used my family, I could have done without the knowledge of an impending Old Testament test the next day, but nevertheless, I really enjoyed it. We also walked home from the Old City as the sun was setting. We saw a whole part of the city we never usually do. The shop keepers were cleaning up, the families were coming out, the kids were playing tag in the street. There is still so much life in Jerusalem, the Eternal City. There I was walking through the streets of Jerusalem with the sun setting. Like how many before me? The list is a long one. There I was. Wow, yeah, another moment to remember. I am so grateful for the experiences God gives me. He loves me.
No comments:
Post a Comment